Oftentimes, dental health is not everyone’s priority most especially if the condition is not severe and does not cause any discomfort. But did you know that oral problems could lead to irreversible dental conditions that could permanently damage the teeth and gums of your family? Children are prone to several oral health diseases because of the sugary food that they consume. Dental 266’s Burwood-based clinic recommends that a family dental health check-up is done regularly.
What would you do if you find out that your family is in danger just because they do not have proper dental care? Dental clinics can provide a lot of services to maintain that bright and fresh smile of yours. It is important to know the significance of dental care and its value to keep your family healthy and raise your quality of life.
What Is Dental Health?
Dental health is mainly concerned with the condition of your teeth, gums, and mouth. Keeping your family’s dental health at check will help in preventing oral complications like tooth decay, gingivitis, gum disease, and other oral problems.
Good dental care is almost equivalent to good health overall. Having dental problems can not only affect your smile and bright teeth but your other body parts as well. Poor dental health can also have negative effects on your mouth’s outer part and your heart. It also contributes to putting you at risk if you have diabetes, heart, and chronic problems. Always practice proper dental care for the safety of the entire family.
Importance Of Family Dentist
Children, in general, are quite afraid of going to the dentist. If you are going to choose one family dentist only to visit for regular check-ups, they will be familiar with the dentist and will feel more comfortable as time passes by.
In times of emergency, you won’t have to waste time on the internet looking for a trustworthy dentist. Your family dentist will always know what dental services are needed given that he is aware of your dental state.
Once you start trusting your family dentist, you build confidence knowing that your family will always receive quality dental health services. The family dentist will keep track of your dental records and will consistently be aware of the changes in your dental health.
Regular Dental Check-Up
Dental health care is not only limited to home procedures and regimens. To provide dental care for your teeth in an overall manner, a regular visit to your family dentist is advised. Going to the dentist in Oakleigh, VIC as a family can also be a good time to bond and have fun. During your dental check-up, the general dentist will practice procedures and carry out services to examine the health of the mouth, and if treatments are needed.
General dentistry commonly offers these services:
- The first step is conducting an oral and gum inspection. This is done to check the changes in your dental health and to look for possible signs of oral cancer and other diseases.
- Your family could be following dental care procedures at home and that helps a lot in removing the cavities and plaque in our teeth but professional teeth cleaning can fully cleanse our teeth. This process is done to thoroughly clean the teeth and remove the hardened plaque stuck in between the teeth and gums.
- The dentist will then do the polishing to remove stains caused by dark foods, coffee, sodas, and the likes. Most patients have extreme teeth stain because of the dark-colored food that they usually eat thus resulting in the yellowish color of the teeth.
- X-rays will also be considered to check the condition of the teeth. Dental x-rays are often used to see if the teeth are properly aligned, developing accordingly, or if you are at risk of cavities. The result will determine if you will need more treatments or x-rays in the future. Patients with severe oral conditions may be required to do more tests and dental services.
- Cosmetic dentistry will also be considered depending on your oral condition.
- After all the necessary procedures, your family dentist will give additional instructions for you to follow and maintain your dental health in shape. The family dentist may give suggestions on which toothpaste will best suit you, or which mouthwash is more beneficial to you based on your dental examination.
Dental services and dentistry are not only limited to these procedures. Below is a list of some of the most common dental services offered to everyone:
- Dental fillings, root canals, and tooth extraction
- Cosmetic dentistry includes teeth whitening and veneers
- Comprehensive services like dental implants
- Crowns and dentures
- Periodontal therapy
- Nutritional counseling
- Orthodontics for misaligned teeth
Providing a good dental health regimen for your family could benefit all of you throughout the years. Family dental health should always be one of our top health priorities.