One of the most important hygiene products that are currently dominating the market is oral care products. As a matter of fact, oral care tools and hygiene products are projected to skyrocket at $53.3 Billion by the end of the year 2025. This is due to people getting more aware of their oral health and makes them keep on checking their dental health.
Importance Of Good Oral Health
So what makes oral care so vital? The condition of our oral and dental health gives out so much information about the status of our overall health. For example, a simple swab test from our mouth can determine various illnesses that are possibly damaging our body. Diseases such as Aids and diabetes exhibit symptoms through oral signs.
The only person that will benefit from you eminently taking care of your good oral health is you. Generally speaking, if you are well aware of the proper use of oral care products, you will be able to avoid several periodontal diseases caused by plaque, cavities, bacteria in the mouth, or worse, oral cancer. It will also help you prevent bad breath and extreme pain due to dentures, braces, or veneers.
Essential Oral Care Products
Always look for products that are suitable for your teeth and gums, some people tend to have gum issues because they use toothbrushes with very hard bristles. Check the package before purchasing, see if the product has been tampered with, and if it is safe to use.
Below are the most important oral care products that you should have in your oral care regimen:
- Toothbrush. Toothbrushes are specifically designed to clean teeth, gums, tongue. They always come in three options, soft, medium, and hard. But according to dentists, hard and medium bristles can damage the teeth enamel and may even cause gum recession. Soft-bristled toothbrushes are safer to use as these are more delicate on the teeth. Brushing too hard is also not recommended as it can wear down and destroy teeth and gums.
- Toothpaste. Toothpaste is a component that works together with a toothbrush. It helps in removing plaque, food stains, food residue, and preventing bad breath and tooth decay. Make it a habit to always check if the toothpaste you are about to buy has active fluorides. This ingredient is essential in strengthening the tooth enamel.
- Dental floss. The amount of recommended flossing per day is once or a maximum of twice only. This oral care product removes plaque, food particles, and bacteria in between teeth. It reduces the risk of tooth decay as it cleans up from the gums to the top part of the teeth.
- Teeth whiteners. A clean and white set of teeth gives out a beautiful and charming smile. Teeth whiteners include teeth bleachers that can whiten and remove stains from the teeth. But if you are aiming for whiter and brighter teeth, a teeth whitening at the dentist can guarantee you a more satisfactory result compared to whitening products.
- Mouthwash. One of the many things that a mouthwash can do is to eliminate odor. This oral product contains antiseptic that prevents bacteria build-up. It is used to rinse off bad breath to prevent halitosis. Mouthwashes also contain fluoride that fights off cavities.
- Tounge scrapers. Our tongue also needs special cleaning as it can also accumulate bacterias. Toothbrushes can be used to clean out the tongue, however, scrapers can do so much more. It helps in improving the appearance of the tongue, enhancing tastebuds, removes bacteria, and prevents bad breath.
Poor Oral Health
The results of poor oral hygiene will surprise you. Lack of oral care may lead to several diseases that do not only affect our mouth but the entire body as well. People who neglect their oral health as far more susceptible to acquiring various diseases than those who take their oral health seriously. The bacteria that gradually built up in the mouth can effortlessly run down on our system and start infesting our body.
Listed below are some of the most common diseases caused by poor oral health:
- Pregnancy complications
- Kidney disease
- Respiratory infections
- Cardiovascular disease
Taking care of our oral health requires effort and discipline. But remember, aside from having complete oral care products, a regular visit to your dentist is still just as important. Check the https://www.caseydentists.com.au/ website for more info.